As important as a wedding day is, the last thing either party wants is to have an issue with the rings.
In what many view as the most important part of the ceremony, the exchanging of vows and presenting of the rings is as good as it gets for lots of people. That being the case, having wedding rings that will stand the test of time is just as important as anything else.
When it comes to finding the right wedding rings for him and her, it certainly does not hurt to put the right amount of time and effort into the process.
Whether you opt to buy them at a jewelry store or even order them online, find a style and feel that both parties are going to be happy with, especially since they are meant to be worn for the remainder of your lives.
Don’t Procrastinate on Your Big Day
Even though the rings are but one component of the big day, they are an important one.
You could also say the same for a half-dozen or more items, so the key is being a great planner, one who leaves plenty of time for any needed changes.
For example, don’t wait until the last minute to go shopping for his and her rings, be they a silicone wedding ring or another such choice.
Besides the fact the stress level for both parties will increase rather dramatically, keep in mind that alterations oftentimes have to be done on one or both rings, mainly due to sizing issues. As a result, you can’t go wedding ring shopping days before the big day and expect a ring or rings that need work to be ready to go in just a few days.
With that in mind, what are some tips you can take to the bank when it comes to getting your wedding preparations in order today, thereby not worrying about them tomorrow?
Well, a wedding planning coordinator is certainly not a bad start, though many women will want to do the bulk of the work on their own, especially given this is their big day. If that’s the case for you, plan ahead.
Such plans include:
- Dates and reservations – First and foremost, make sure all the pertinent dates and reservations are in order. Nothing will drive you crazier than if you think you have all the important time elements in place, only to discover that something is amiss. Review those dates several times, making sure everything is 100 percent confirmed from the church to the reception venue and more;
- Dresses and tuxedos or suits – Clothing is another item that has to be ordered and fitted well in advance, so don’t let this important detail slip by you. From what the bride and groom are wearing to how the wedding party will look, be sure to make this a top priority early on;
- Rings – As mentioned earlier, what would a wedding be without rings? Making the marriage of two people official, exchanging both vows and rings is something that oftentimes brings tears to the eyes of the participants and others in attendance. If you think ring shopping is going to take up more time than is necessary, start such pursuits early on. Once you have a wedding date in mind, the rings should become one of your priorities. While most jewelers can make the necessary sizing alterations on somewhat short notice, don’t take chances and wait until the last minute;
- Food – What would a wedding reception be without good food and drink? Make sure you get plenty of small samples from different caterers, determining which one offers the best food and drink at the best prices. Although it is your big day, you don’t want many of the guests showing up at the reception and rolling their eyes at the food selections. While it is fine to go a little exotic here and there, also keep in mind that many people like what can only be called “simple” food, so make sure to please them too;
- Entertainment – Last but not least, having the right entertainment for your wedding and reception is something you should never overlook. Depending on what kind of wedding service you decide on, you may want to go all out with different kinds of music or keep it rather simple. As for the reception, do you want to hire a DJ or would a band work better? Either way, the music selections should be much like the food choices, a little flair here and there, but simplicity certainly never hurts.
As you can see, planning a wedding may be a little cumbersome, but it is something the majority of people will take pleasure in when all is said and done.