Now that you’ve decided to ditch cigarettes for vaping, there are a few things you should know about so that you can have a more knowledgeable and enjoyable experience. When you are looking for an easy way to break into the world of vaping, you will find it easy to browse through eLiquid’s available starter kits for something that makes your transition or entrance to vaping smooth.
There are a few common terms that can help you make choices regarding your vaping experience. Once you are familiar with these terms you can ask questions to make sure you get exactly what you want. From flavors to mechanics, we’ve got you covered.
- Atomizer or the heating coil is what heats the e-juice and turns it into vapor so that you can enjoy your vape.
- Cartomizer is a disposable heating coil and an e-liquid tank.
- Dry hits are hits that do not contain any e-liquid.
- E-juice, vape juice, e-liquid, they are all the same thing. It is the flavored or unflavored liquid that goes into the tank and gets vaporized. They come in a wide array of flavors and nicotine content.
- Ohm is the measurement of electrical resistance. A low ohm will heat faster and produce more vapor.
- PG and VG stand for propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine. E-juices often have different ratios of these to alter the flavor and amount of vapor.
- Wicks are what carry the e-liquid from the tank to the coil.
There are so many options when it comes to vaping. You can choose a modifiable vape, a mod, that allows you to truly customize your experience. You can control the wattage, ohms, wick, coil and so much more. There are disposable and reusable options as well.
The sheer numbers of e-liquids available are mind-boggling. Here’s how you choose. Start by choosing the nicotine content you want. Then look at the flavors available in that strength and make a shortlist of flavors that interest you. You can request or purchase sample flavors online to try, or go to a vape shop and try flavors there. If you’re a purist, there’s always unflavored or flavors that are very similar to different cigarette brands.
Vaping pens need little maintenance in order to work optimally. Dry hits are not something you will enjoy. Dry hits deliver a burnt cotton taste that hits sharply in your throat. They are caused by a burnt-out coil. Although coils will need to be replaced over time, it helps to take care of your coil. Avoid chain vaping, prime a new coil before firing, replace your e-juice regularly and check your coils often.
Getting started with vaping doesn’t have to be confusing and tiring. There are a few basic things you will need, like a device and some vape juice. Once you have the basics, it helps to know that you have to start slow. Heat your coil slowly after the wick has absorbed enough e-liquid, don’t take too many hits in less than a minute (that’s chain vaping) and don’t leave the juice in your tank for extended periods of time between uses. Don’t worry, you’ve got this.