Planning your vacation to South Carolina means narrowing down all of the exciting places to visit into your timeframe and budget. Depending on the time of year, you may get to hit the beach or play in the snow or do anything in between! But how do you decide what the must-sees are with all of the fun and beautiful choices?
If you’re looking to commemorate your visit by scheduling memorable family-friendly options you and your loved ones will never forget, try these 7 attractions.
South Carolina in a Bucket List
- Ripley’s Aquarium – When you’re on the east coast, aquariums are easy to come by. But Ripley’s Aquarium is one of Myrtle Beach’s must-see attractions, complete with stingray petting, shark sightings, and even mermaids! It’s an aquarium like you’ve never seen before and you’ll enjoy every second!
- Shipwreck Cove – A family waterpark with something for everyone, Shipwreck Cove in Duncan is, of course, pirate-themed. Whether you are looking to relax on the lazy river or go for some wild excitement with the log flumes, this park is perfect for kids and adults of all ages.
- Settlemyre Planetarium – Rock Hill is full of adventures, but make sure you stop and check out the Settlemyre Planetarium in the Museum of York County. Take a tour of the solar system and learn about the universe through interactive play.
- Charleston Museum – America’s first museum still stands and you can visit it in Charleston. Learn about the state and the country’s history with this family-friendly museum.
- Paris Mountain State Park – While many state parks claim to be family-oriented, there isn’t much to do in them besides walk through nature and camp. In the Paris Mountain State Park, you find history – the park has roots that go all the way back to the Great Depression – as well as fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, swimming, geocaching, and playgrounds! Definitely something for everyone!
- Falls Park on the Reedy – Greenville has so much in one little area and much of it is located on Falls Park on the Reedy. More than just an expanse of lawn, you’ll find trails to explore, breathtaking gardens hiding in the forest, the Liberty Bridge, and incredible waterfalls. More than 20 acres of land is available for running, biking, hiking, picnicking, and games!
- South Carolina Railroad Museum – Winnsboro is the home of one of the last operating historic passenger trains and you and your family can explore it! Check out the original steam engines, cabooses, and dining cars to travel back in history and ride the same train that people used for generations. Maybe one of your ancestors even rode on it before you were born!
So Much to Do, So Much to See!
No matter where you are in South Carolina, it’s easy to find something to do for the whole family. Whether you’re looking for a bit of history, some adventure, nature exploration, or just good old-fashioned fun, you’ve got it covered when you head to these 7 must-see attractions!