Are you and your guests tired of eggnog during the winter holidays? Sure, it’s delicious, but sometimes it’s a little boring after you’ve had it time and time again.
For the upcoming holidays, try serving something different at your parties. Whiskey drink recipes are perfect for the winter holidays because they pair well with a lot of the traditional flavors of the season. They fit right at home with all the other treats and snacks.
With the recipes you’ll find listed below, you’ll never run out of delicious ideas for the holidays. From sweet to spicy, there’s something here for everyone!
1. Caramel Apple Cider
Apples are one of the most traditional flavors of the holiday season, and who doesn’t love a good caramel apple?
This recipe takes the idea of that carnival favorite treat and turns it into a fragrant drink. It tastes a lot like a regular apple cider but thickened with caramel. The best part is that there’s a hint of a spicy kick to stop the drink from being too sweet on the palate.
- 1 gallon of your favorite apple cider
- ½ cup of smooth caramel
- 1 ½ cups of Fireball whiskey (or an equivalent cinnamon whiskey)
- Cinnamon sticks
- (Optional) Apples
- (Optional) Lemon juice
- In a thick-bottomed pot, combine the apple cider, caramel, and whiskey on low heat.
- Toss in the cinnamon sticks once the mixture heats up.
- Let the mixture sit and mull together for at least an hour or two. The longer you go, the more potent the flavors, so don’t be afraid to let it go for several hours.
- Pour into mugs and serve!
- (Optional) Core several apples and spritz them with some lemon juice to keep them from browning. Then, pour your cider into the apples and garnish with an extra cinnamon stick for a festive presentation. Serve and enjoy!
2. Fruity Whiskey Punch
The holiday season is all about the celebration of foods and this punch is no different. It uses bright fruity flavors and the strength of whiskey to create a boozy drink that both looks and tastes great.
The booze-soaked fruits are a nice snack to munch on as you finish off the drink. Plus, it serves a whole bunch of people at one time, so it’s perfect for adult parties. It’s a good idea to keep this particular punch well away from the children, despite how pretty it looks!
- 2 bottles of a sweet red wine
- 3 cups of cranberry juice
- 4 cups of ginger ale soda
- 2/3 cup of Fireball whiskey
- 2/3 cup of a smooth whiskey (or double up on the Fireball for an extra kick)
- 1 orange sliced into thin round pieces
- 1 apple sliced into thin quarters
- Pour everything into a large punch bowl.
- Stir well, and let the mixture stand for at least half an hour before serving so that the fruits have time to meld with the liquids.
- Serve in large glasses, making sure to add in a good helping of fruit to each one.
3. Raspberry Whiskey Smash
You’ll find yourself going back for seconds and thirds with this delicious raspberry and whiskey drink. It’s recommended you use an oak aged whiskey for this particular recipe. The subtle notes from the whiskey meld with the tart fruit to make a unique and addicting flavor.
However, be sure to experiment until you find your favorite combination.
If you’re not a fan of raspberry, feel free to switch out the preserves for a different flavor. Strawberry works well with this recipe, too!
- 2 Tablespoons of raspberry preserves (or jam)
- 2 Tablespoons of whiskey
- 1 Tablespoon of triple sec
- 2 Tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon of club soda
- ½ cup of ice
- Combine the whiskey, triple sec, raspberry preserves, orange juice, and ice in a drink mixer.
- Shake it all together for about 20 seconds or so.
- Pour it into a glass with a couple of ice cubes and serve!
4. Pecan Pie Shake
Nothing quite says holiday indulgence like a good pecan pie. This drink takes that entire idea and turns it into a delicious shake that is truly decadent. Sweet and creamy, the addition of whiskey gives the sweetness a little something extra.
It’s easy to make this one for the kiddos of the house. Omit the whiskey, and you’re good to go!
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of whiskey
- 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream (or chocolate!)
- ½ cup of pecan pie
- Add everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it gets too thin, add some more ice cream.
- Serve in a tall glass. Crumble some extra pecan pie on top for the perfect delicious garnish!
5. Whiskey Coffee
We all love a good coffee as a pick-me-up throughout the day. Now you can make a coffee that’s both seasonal and soothing. Serve this at your next party so that everyone enjoys feeling energetic all night long!
- 1 cup of your favorite brewed coffee, hot
- ¼ cup of whiskey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (or cardamom)
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- (Optional) Whipped cream topping
- (Optional) Extra cinnamon or chocolate shavings
- Add the brown sugar and ground cinnamon to a large mug and carefully pour in the hot coffee.
- Stir with a spoon until the sugar dissolves into the coffee.
- Pour in the whiskey and mix again. Serve!
- For a more indulgent coffee experience, add some whipped cream on top of the mug. Sprinkle some more cinnamon or even some chocolate shavings to satiate your sweet tooth!
Bring Excitement to Your Holidays With These Whiskey Drink Recipes
With the help of all these whiskey drink recipes, your holiday celebrations turn into something unique and special. It’s always nice to stick to the tradition of serving eggnog to your guests, but now you’ll have plenty of exciting options from which to choose.
The best part about all of these recipes is the fact that they’re easy to make, so you won’t bog down your party prep time! Go ahead and give them a try without worrying about making more work for yourself during such a busy season.
For more holiday inspiration, don’t forget to check out the rest of the blog!