When women think about breast augmentation, one of a few images pops into mind. Either you or someone you know has gotten breast augmentation (in which you picture that situation), or you picture some buxom lass from TV or the internet. For many people, breast augmentation is synonymous with breast implants. And while the former term does include the latter, there is more to it than that. In fact, there are many reasons why someone might get breast implants, and there are more procedures that can be performed on breasts than simply making them larger. Breast augmentation can be vitally important to health, confidence, and personal success. The more you learn about the processes, the more open most people tend to be to breast augmentation. Click through for a complete guide to breast augmentation. For a general smattering of information, read on.
Breast implants are the most common form of breast augmentation surgery. About 5% of women will have breast implants in their lifetime. But the reasons why a woman might get breast implants are incredibly diverse. Here are just a few:
- She has undergone a mastectomy and wants to fill out the space that was taken in the lifesaving surgery. Other women have had full breasts removed. Quality implants can give them back the appearance they’ve always had. It is a traumatizing experience to have a breast removed, even if it’s just a portion. Implants are incredibly helpful in this situation.
- Some women want their clothes to fit better. Most women’s clothes are made for a C-cup. There are many other reasons why a woman might feel that breast implants would improve her appearance.
- Some women find that their career ascension and love lives go more smoothly after breast enhancement surgery.
- Some women use breast implants to combat the effects of age and gravity.
- Some women get a breast implant to even out breasts which are naturally much different sizes. Asymmetry isn’t a major health problem, but it is something that causes some women dissatisfaction.
There are other reasons why a woman might have breast augmentation surgery, without getting implants. One of the more common procedures is breast reduction surgery. Some women have breasts which are much larger than their frames can easily carry. For these women, back problems and strained muscles are the norm. Long term skeletal and health problems can develop as time goes on. Breast reduction surgery can be an investment in long term health, and an excuse to have a surgeon form exactly the kind of breasts you’ve always wanted.
Some women just get breast lifts, without the addition of implants or the removal of tissue. This is usually an aesthetic adjustment, but the issues can run deeper than that. Breasts that naturally hang very low can make clothes fitting a chore, can make physical activity strenuous, and can cause a lot of the same problems that would cause a woman to get a breast reduction as in the previous example.
As you can see, there are many different breast augmentation procedures, and many different reasons why a woman would get them performed. Breast augmentation can be a great option for women of all ages and backgrounds.